Among the various vegan protein powders available, rice protein is great because it can deliver essential nutrients easily into the body, making it stronger in the process. This protein supplement can also help protect the body from disease, , without the bloated feeling from it’s whey cousin.
Brown rice gets mixed with special enzymes that separates the carbs from the protein. This is how we get rice protein. In order to create the most balanced and powerful vegan protein, pea protein powder is mixed with rice for a perfect combination of flavor, amino acids, and nutrients.
This organic and natural form of protein powder can be added to beverages, cereals, yogurts and other cooked foods.
Benefits of Using Rice Protein Powder
Using rice protein powders can help a person in losing body fat and building muscle. The more amount of muscle present in the body, the more amounts of calories one burns while doing a particular work. The protein rich food keeps a person feeling fuller for a longer time thus reducing the overall calorie intake and thus curbing the appetite temporarily. No sweeteners and sugars are added and are thus safely used by diabetics and people looking to reduce their blood sugar levels.
Protein supplements made from rice can be consumed to improve the recovery time for athletes, allowing them to train longer and faster. Since most people are not allergic to rice, this protein can be used by people of all age groups including aged people, children, athletes, vegans, vegetarians, active adults.
Consuming supplements like this can bring about a welcome change in an otherwise unhealthy sedentary life of a person. A person can choose to become a healthy and active individual and look forward to exploiting the mysteries of life if he is chock full of energy derived from an all-natural source.
Nutritional Facts of Rice Protein Powder
- Total calories- 50-100 per tablespoon depending upon the brand of rice protein selected
- Protein content- Almost 60-80%
- Carbohydrate content- 30-35%. Generally complex carbs, a naturally occurring carbohydrate is found in these protein powders which rarely adds to the calorie count and is more essential as it is more in the form of fiber.
- Fat content- Negligible amount. No polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat.
- Other ingredients – Traces of minerals like iron, calcium, phosphorous, etc.
- Ingredients like alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, cystine, glycine, glutamic acid, hystidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, proline, seline, threonine, tryptophan, tyrosine, valine are also present.
Advantages of Rice Protein over Other Available Protein Powders
- Can be used by lactose intolerant people to fill their protein quota using lactose free protein
- Is easily digestible unlike soy protein. Almost 80% percent of the rice protein is digested after 4 hours while only 57% of soy has been digested after the same amount of time.
- Is more efficiently absorbed by the body.
- Can be used by people who are allergic to nuts.
- It is gluten free.
- Can be added to other foods to boost nutritional content.
Completely natural and organic as it is made by enzymatic isolation of proteins in sprouted brown rice. It is a complete protein as it contains all nine essential amino acids along with other non-essential amino acids. Also, all these amino acids are naturally occurring in the rice and no other artificial nutrients are added to the rice protein powder. No preservatives and artificial colors are added.